I have a honey roasted pork Tenderloin recipe on my site. When my husband and I went to the store the other day, that was the recipe I had in my head to fix. But I didn’t…I fixed this Raspberry and butter tenderloin instead. While at the store…I selected a few other things…including some delicious salad dressing for a fresh salad to go with the tenderloin. Do you do that? Just make up your meal as you cruise through the store? Anyway, we got home that night, and I had full intentions of marinating the meat overnight in the fridge. Both of us were exhausted, and went to bed….forgetting about the meat. The next day at lunch, I had a fresh salad with my awesome new dressing. It was better than I had hoped…in fact, I had two servings.
After lunch, I remembered the pork tenderloin. I was so mad at myself for not marinating it. But, I knew I had a few hours before supper that I could let it sit in something…so I went to start it. As I opened the fridge to get the original ingredients….my new salad dressing spoke…”USE ME!” Humm….why not? Sweet pork is always good. This was my dressing!
I knew I wanted some other flavors with it…so I gathered the butter and used it and the dressing in a coffee mug and heated them. The oil and vinegar would mix with the butter. I stabbed some holes in my tenderloin and poured the mix over the top. I marinated the meat for about two hours, but longer would have even been better.
I mixed my butter and dressing about half and half.
After setting for several hours I roasted the tenderloin, uncovered in a 375 oven for about 10 min on each side to brown it with the marinade.
Then poured in a bit of water and covered it with foil and roasted another 25-30 minutes. I had a fairly large tenderloin, and the time can be adjusted according to size. I did forget about mine at the end…and it got a tad dried out…but man…was the flavor excellent!
I really do think, this might be the way I’ll fix my tenderloins from now on!
- 1/2 – 3/4 Cup Raspberry vinaigrette with extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup Butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 – 2 LBS Pork Tenderloin
- 1/4 Cup water
- Mix and melt the butter and raspberry dressing. Pour half over the tenderloin and brown uncovered in a 375 oven for about 5 – 10 mins. Turn and repeat with the remaining half.
- Once both sides are brown, pour a bit of water in the bottom of the pan and cover with foil.
- Roast, covered for approximately 30 minutes longer.
- Once the meat is done, use the rest of the water and the remaining sauce from the bottom of the pan to simmer for five minutes over med heat…yummy for pouring over the tenderloin!