The one that shall not be named
(Help…my food recipes need a name)
I have several food recipes that I haven’t come up with a name for. This recipe, is an all in one meal just like many of my recipes, like this spicy sausage and spinach pizza. I started fixing this recipe about 15-20 years ago…and it has been a family favorite ever since. But…I’ve never named it. Would you help? It doesn’t need to live any longer without a name!
This dish is not only delish….it’s easy and beautiful to look at. How could you go wrong?
- 1 pkg (approx 1lb ) polish sausage 1/4″ to 1/2″ slices
- 1 jar (12-16oz) brown gravy
- 1 lg green bell pepper sliced in 1/4″ slices
- 1 lg red bell pepper sliced in 1/4″ slices
- 1 pkg portabella mushrooms sliced in 1/4″ slices
- 1 med onion sliced in 1/4″ slices
- 4 services of cooked white rice
Place all ingredients except rice into a large skillet. Heat to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and cook until peppers and onion slices are translucent, stirring occasionaly, about 20 minutes. While meat, vegetables and gravy mix simmers, cook rice according to directions.
Serve meat and sauce over bed of rice. ENJOY!!
Name me please! I’m so quick and easy….and oh so savory and delicious! Got any ideas?
Food recipes this easy and wonderful shouldn’t go this long without a name!