Oh my goodness, I love coconut, I love pecans…put the two of them together in the same recipe…and I’ve got a little piece of heaven in a pan. The first time I made this recipe for coconut cloud bars…I thought I was going to make myself sick on it. I ate a decent sized portion…and then another…and another. It was completely like a drug for me. I couldn’t stop. I have to be careful how often I fix it…because, it is absolutely addictive! If you love coconut and pecans…this will most likely become a favorite. It’s super easy to fix too.
There are several steps…so pay attention. None of them are difficult, but it’s important that you do all of them…and in order.
1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
3/4 Cup Butter or Marg. at room temperature
3/4 Cup chopped pecans
8 oz package cream cheese at room temperature
1 Cup Sugar
Large container of Cool whip
1 package of coconut pudding
3 Cups milk
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Layer one: Mix flour marg and nuts.
- Press onto an ungreased 9 x 13 baking pan
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until lightly brown.
- Layer two: mix cream cheese, sugar and 1 cup of the cool whip until well blended.
- spread on Layer one while it’s still warm.
- Cool for Layer three.
- Layer three: Mix pudding and milk and let it set up slightly.
- Pour over first two layers.
- Layer four: Spread remaining cool whip from the container over all of the other layers.
- Store in fridge till time to serve.
Unless served to people that simply don’t like part of the ingredients…this will be the HIT of all the dishes. I simply LOVE it!