Apple & Sage Pork Chops
This is a wonderful mix of the savory spices on the pork chops with just a touch of sweet from the apples. They make a wonderful combination. I have mine with a side of green beans (of course cooked with bits of bacon), and Potato Salad with paprika on top for a bit of color, and dinner rolls. My family loves this combination of spices on the pork with sweet/tart apples. It’s kind of the same concept as pineapples and pork. Just enough sweet to give it a special kick!
- 1 1/2 tsp. Rubbed Sage
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Allspice
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 Pork Chops, 1-inch thick (about 1 1/4lbs.)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 2 Red Apples, Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Apple Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- Mix: flour, and all of the spices and salt in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle: both sides of pork chops with 1 Tbsp of the seasoned flour.
- Cook: pork chops in hot oil in large skillet on medium-high heat until browned on both sides.
- Remove Pork chops from skillet.
- Add onion to the skillet and cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add apples and cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in juice, sugar and remaining seasoned flour until well mixed.
- Return pork chops to skillet and bring to a boil
- reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until desired doneness.